Welcome to my blog. Besides my normal everyday life, I quilt, work in a quilt shop,and love to read quilt blogs. I embroider, do counted cross stitching, tat, crochet, knit and want to learn anything that requires the use of needles and thread. Come back often to see what new project I am working on or to read a tip or two.

Friday, December 2, 2011


I have a start on Christmas gifts for friends and neighbors.  These potholders are fast.  I'm sure I can get many more done. 



Last night was the first guild party of the season.  Good friends, food, entertainment and gifts made for a very fun night.  This is a creative guild, not just for quilters.  This is also a small glimpse of the quilt store where I work. 


This knitted dishcloth was the gift I got.  We exchanged gifts we had made.  Jess is such a good knitter.  She makes beautiful scarves too.


 This is the gift I gave, along with a promise for needle tatting lessons. 

A lot of members were talking about the new Bernina machines we got to try out this week.  Some of us went to an event where we got to try three new machines, including embroidery.  They were all on sale at really great prices, but I still couldn't have one right now.  Oh well, I keep sewing and creating with what I have.  I just had fun seeing something new and I have a $20 gift card I can spend on fabric. 

Its so cold.  I think I will bind a quilt or work on a rug that will keep me warm while I work.  Have a great weekend and keep quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment