Welcome to my blog. Besides my normal everyday life, I quilt, work in a quilt shop,and love to read quilt blogs. I embroider, do counted cross stitching, tat, crochet, knit and want to learn anything that requires the use of needles and thread. Come back often to see what new project I am working on or to read a tip or two.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Quilting inspiration

Happy New Year!  Christmas was great here.  Hope everyone had lots of fun, family, good food, etc.  Now its time to get back into the swing of things.  I have lots of projects planned for the year ahead.  First, I signed up for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project challenge at cqjp.org. I'm not cheating, but I already have some blocks started that I can use.  I'll share pictures later. 

These potholders and oven mit were a Christmas gift from my sister.  She is amazing.  She told me that she made about 26 sets for gifts for family and friends.  This original design is called Four Seasons Moon.  Now I will tell you that last summer on her vacation from teaching school, Carol Ann fell and broke both of her arms.  She has had a very long recovery and when her insurance would no longer pay for physical therapy, she took on this project to help herself get back the use of her arms and hands.  A lot of her work during this time was hand sewing and she is now hand quilting a wall hanging for her physical therapist.  I am counting my blessings and being inspired by her. 

Be happy and keep quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment