Welcome to my blog. Besides my normal everyday life, I quilt, work in a quilt shop,and love to read quilt blogs. I embroider, do counted cross stitching, tat, crochet, knit and want to learn anything that requires the use of needles and thread. Come back often to see what new project I am working on or to read a tip or two.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Remember that mess from several weeks ago?  I finished a rug with that basketfull of strips.  Its a bit smaller than some I have made, but I ran out of the rust colored fabric. From here--
to here--


took some work.  I have already started the next one.

I'm working on a miniature quilt made with the itty bitty twister template and I will show it to you as soon as it gets quilted.  The finished squares are 1".  I might make a bunch of these.  It was fun.

I have started on hot pads for Christmas gifts.  I learned a new way to make half square triangles at missouristarquilting.com.
You sew a 1/4" seam all around two charm squares that are right sides together.
Then you cut from corner to corner both ways and you have four perfect half square triangles.  I hope to get a lot of these done to give at guilds, clubs, etc.

Have fun sewing this week and plan some great Christmas projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment