Welcome to my blog. Besides my normal everyday life, I quilt, work in a quilt shop,and love to read quilt blogs. I embroider, do counted cross stitching, tat, crochet, knit and want to learn anything that requires the use of needles and thread. Come back often to see what new project I am working on or to read a tip or two.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Protecting my investment

When was the last time you cleaned your sewing machine?  One of my most-used tools is a one-inch paint brush I bought at the variety store.  Everytime I have to fill my bobbin, I brush out all the lint.  Today, I removed the plate and took everything apart to clean more thoroughly.  Its amazing how much lint gets in there.  I put in a new needle too.  They are so inexpensive, we should all change needles more often.  Have you read your machine's manual to see if you need to add a drop of oil anywhere. 

It's just no fun to have your machine not working, so take a little time now to do some routine maintenance.  Keep sewing and keep happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment