Welcome to my blog. Besides my normal everyday life, I quilt, work in a quilt shop,and love to read quilt blogs. I embroider, do counted cross stitching, tat, crochet, knit and want to learn anything that requires the use of needles and thread. Come back often to see what new project I am working on or to read a tip or two.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New Start


After Friday's class, I was excited to make a sample for another class. Its work to prepare for and teach quilt classes, but so worth it. I decide on another quilt from the same book, so I chose the one on the back cover and I will do it in Christmas colors. Hopefully I can teach it in July and quilters (including me) can have plenty of time to finish one or more by December.


I bought the fabric and got it all cut.


I sewed strip sets and subcut them. Now, have you ever watched Bonnie Hunter's Quilt Cam? She sits and sews on a live video about once a week and you can sit and sew along with her. Find her on quiltville.blogspot.com or subscribe on YouTube. It lasts for about an hour and a half. I was not able to watch it all last night, so I turned it on this morning and look at all I got done on this Verry Merry quilt top.

Piles of four patches! Its sew much fun, like having a friend over for a sewing day, only you don't have to clean house first. HaHa. Anyway, you should try it.

And look at this--the first flower of spring from my yard!


Sunshine and flowers are the best. Now I really do need to go do some housework.

Hope you are making some amazing quilts. Stay happy and keep quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment